For those who follow me may be aware that each year l take a Biblical Class in which l study a different book of the Bible. As always, l love going to school because l have a passion for education, knowledge and information. I have an open-mind, as well as an open-heart and l am always ready to learn, so that l may know in order that l may grow. This year, l am studying “The Book of Genesis.” As l have done in the past, l will be sharing my notes at different times. I pray they will be a blessing to others as they are to me.
Focus Verse: Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His Hands.”
1) God’s World Declares His Glory
2) God’s Word Declares His Glory
3) God’s People and Plan Declare His Glory
1) The only true answers about this world and your life come from God, your Creator Himself.
2) The book of Genesis reveals truths about God, this world, your life, your origin and your destiny.
3) God knows you intimately.
4) God is holy, wise and completely perfect.
5) The all-knowing, all-powerful, always good God created the world and everything in it, including every human being.
6) The created world offers proven positive evidence that God exists, and can be known.
7) God intends for all people to accept His revelation of Himself and His creative work by faith.
8) The created recognize the Creator through creation.
9) God’s special revelation is the inspired Word of God.
10) God’s Word reveals truth that cannot be known through nature alone.
11) God’s special revelation begins in Genesis.
12) Genesis gives the beginning of much of life, such as man and woman, birth and death, sin and redemption, marriage and government, history, humanity and God’s vision for the world.
13) Whatever God plans and commands will someday happen.
14) The God who creates is also the God who redeems.
15) Doctrine means teaching or instruction.
16) God’s Holy Spirit awakens dead hearts and minds to recognize and believe what is true.
17) The Bible grounds real people with true hope.
18) You should not approach the Bible to merely gain knowledge, but you should study the Bible to know God, understand yourself and interpret the world.
19) God’s story invites all people to repent and believe in Jesus.
20) You glorify God when you position your life to know God and reflect God’s fullness.
21) Believers do not make God’s light shine; they let God’s light shine.
22) Your intimacy with God and God’s Spirit work within you yields actions that please and give God glory.
23) What God’s Word says it means matters more than what you think or feel it means.
24) No one ever completes Bible Study or runs out of questions for God.