Here are notes from last week’s class, in “The Book of Revelation.”
1) The Prophecy (Revelation 1:1-3)
2) The Praise (Revelation 1:4-8)
3) The Vision (Revelation 1:9-20)
Principle #1: Blessed is the one who comes under the authority of the Word of God.
Principle #2: Blessed is the one who knows what Jesus saved her from, and saved her for.
Principle #3: Blessed is the one who bows in the divine presence of Jesus.
1) Scripture gives us a proper perspective on the word “blessed.”
2) Blessed is the one who reads the Holy Word. 3) Blessings come when we take the message to heart, and read it.
4) God is a means to our end, and He is the end.
5) We don’t serve God to get things; we serve God to get Him.
6) God teaches the lessons in the waiting room of life.
7) God is not subject to the limitations of time.
8) The number “seven” means completeness and perfection.
9) Jesus is a truth teller; He is the first born of the dead. He is a life giver; death is really a new beginning.
10) God loves us in spite of our rebellion; He loves to get our attention. The evidence of love comes in action.
11) God made us for a purpose.
People will suffer for the kingdom, and will and must be able to patiently endure.
12) Too often people think that becoming a Christian means gaining material prosperity.
13) Some people need a fresh encounter with Christ; while others need a need a first encounter.
Be blessed, be encouraged, and have a great day.