Here are notes from yesterday’s class, in “The Book of Revelation.”
Outline: Revelation 2:12-3:6
1) Pergamum: Tolerant (Revelation 2:12-17)
2) Thyatira: Compromising (Revelation 2:18-29)
3) Sardis: Lifeless (Revelation 3:1-6)
Principle #1: The church’s tolerance of false teaching undermines her faithfulness to Jesus.
Principle #2: The church’s failure to focus on Christ and His Word results in her falling asleep.
1) Fear of man will lead you to sin every time.
2) Do not fear the one who can hurt your body; which is man.
3) Compromise does not glorify God.
4) We have outward things that come against us, and then we have heart issues.
5) The church must reject and repent for anything that is drawing them away from looking unlike Christ.
6) Opening the Bible causes a person to submit and choose; it is a sword that cuts.
7) As believers, we have a new identity in Christ and a new name.
8) It is in love that God confronts us.
9) Compromise means “trying to blend a little god with a big God.”
10) People should hold one another accountable.
11) Jesus will not compromise.
12) Wrong that follows wrong leads to wrong behavior.
13) We must be about Biblical substance, and sound judgment.
14) Compromising the truth weakens the church.
15) When people sin, and they will; they must hear the call to repentance.
16) When the church closes its mouth; it begins to die.
17) Compromise may make life easier, but the Lord calls His church and each Christian to take the long-term view.
18) You cannot honor Jesus Christ and compromise His Word.
19) Love Jesus more than your reputation.
20) The only clarity you can have about life and eternity is found in Jesus Christ and the gospel.
21) The Holy Spirit will bring God’s fire to a cold heart.
22) Disobedience to God’s Word is deadly.
23) God’s Word reveals truth and exposes error.
24) God, the Holy Spirit awakens the spiritually dead through repentance.
Be blessed, be encouraged, and have a great day.