Here are notes from my class “The Book of Revelation” from last week.
Outline: Revelation 7
1) Secured by a Seal (Revelation 7:1-8)
2) Secured by a Shepherd (Revelation 7:9-17)
Principle #1: Jesus provides security for His people in spite of what they suffer.
Principle #2: Jesus alone can secure a hope for the future.
Security: the state of being protected from alarms.
1) Many that God choose will be called to battle.
2) All Scripture is true, but all Scripture is not clear.
3) In Christ, we have security and nothing can destroy it.
4) Believers will not experience God’s wrath.
5) Believers will experience persecution and suffering.
6) Suffering is temporary, but shelter in the Father is forever.
7) We have a choice of what we fill our minds with, and what we focus on.
8) God’s judgments are global and universal.
9) God frequently uses consequences to lovingly discipline His children.
10) God understands each of His children, and He chooses wisely the most appropriate punishment in different circumstances.
11) God’s desire is to encourage future obedience and acceptable behavior, not just to punish wrong actions.
12) Wind may seem chaotic, but it blows exactly where God pleases. Nothing in nature is out of God’s control.
13) God’s judgment will come according to His precise timetable.
14) Even in wrath, God demonstrates His grace and mercy.
15) Ever since sin first entered the world, all people suffer.
Be blessed, be encouraged, and have a great day.