Here are notes from today’s class in “The Book of John.”
Date: October 26, 2016
Scripture References: John 4:31-54
1) Wake Up and See The Harvest (John 4:31-42)
2) Wake Up and Walk In Faith (John 4:43-54)
Principle #1) God is a seeking and saving God.
Principle #2) God will always do right by every person, in every situation.
● There is nothing we can do to earn God’s favor.
● You cannot work for the favor of God.
● Suffering should grow a person up.
● We can become so preoccupied by doing things that we think are of God until we totally miss God.
● Everyone has had a seed planted in them from someone else pointing them to Christ.
● We should meet people where they are by extending grace and truth.
● All people who do not trust Christ are slaves to sin.
● For all people who have been set free, they have an obligation to go and unhandcuff others, so that others may become free, as well.
● God wants us to die to our agenda, and serve.
● God can, and He will use as He chooses.
● Most of the time, it is not until suffering comes that we realize what we have placed our faith in.
● There are lessons to be learned in waiting.
● God answers prayers in His own way; we cannot force His hand.
● When people are so earthly minded, it can also cause them to be no spiritually good, and they can have a tendency to miss God.
● When Jesus comes into contact with a person, He does not only see the person that is before Him but He sees many other lives that will be transformed through the life of the person that He has transformed.
● Most people can endure the process of their present situation as long as they know their future is brighter.
● Your words should have so much power that your life should be able to back them up.
● There is a difference in knowing God and knowing of God. It is the relationship that makes the difference.
● One person’s faith in God can become the turning point for others to cause them to believe.
● When a person’s faith is true, they do not have to see in order to believe, because if they believe then they will see.
● Faith always involves action.
● Every believer is not called to preach, but every believer can share their faith.
● God does not limit Himself in the way that He works in the lives of people.
● A person will only be truly satisfied when they accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, and obey the perfect will of God.
● Jesus will prove His faithfulness when you take Him at His word.