Notes from today’s message
Speaker: Bishop Sherman C. Gee Allen
Scripture References: John 3:1-7 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
1) Cognitive is the mental action of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience and the senses.
2) Cognitive conflict occurs when we hear new information that we cannot process because it conflcts with what we know or have been taught.
3) Everyone will experience conflict.
4) You cannot put old information on top of new information because it will conflict.
5) God does not have to do everything the way that you want Him to.
6) People always want God to rule their way.
7) In order to be successful, you must deny yourself.
8) You can keep coming to church and still backside.
9) Think about everything that would have happened to you if God would have given you everything that you have ever wanted.
10) The things you have do not eexemp you from trouble in life.
11) Where you are right now may be uncomfortable for you.
12) Some people get stuck between an old experience and a new enlightenment.
13) Revelation does not change because of what is going on in your life.
14) Some people try to process new information through an old system.
15) Stop getting stuck in what you do not understand.
16) If you had faith as a child; why can’t you have faith as an adult?
17) Some people get stuck in the moment of their past.
18) Sometimes when God is trying to give you something new, you must let go of the old.
19) Some people live like mannequins; they never move unless someone comes along, and moves them.
20) God created us to be men (mankind); not mannequins.