Here are notes from this week’s class in “The Book of John.”
Date: January 25, 2017
Lesson: Jesus’ Anointing and Arrival in Jerusalem
Scripture Reference: John 12
1) Anointing in Bethany (John 12:1-11)
2) Arrival in Jerusalem (John 12:12-19)
3) Announcement of the Son of Man’s Sacrifice (John 12:20-50)
Principle #1) God uses our trials to transform our faith into an adoring faith.
Principle #2) God sent His only Son to save people from their sins rather than a situation.
Principle #3) God calls His people to die to self in order to represent Jesus Christ properly.
1) As Jesus is lifted high, may we be drawn to His beauty.
2) Jesus has a way of speaking to the living dead and causing them to come alive.
3) When we serve, it is not about us; it is about Jesus.
4) The power of the Holy Spirit is the only one who can take a heart and soften it.
5) Jesus knows everything and is never confused; not like us.
6) God wants us to be saved from our sins; not from situations.
7) Jesus Christ is not a concept; He is a life-giving reality.
8) Losing your life means “spiritual death.”
9) People who serve have a kingdom perspective.
10) Christ’s life is reproduced in the hearts of those who are knitted with Him.
11) God will always use the right moment to expose our hearts.