Here are notes from this week’s class in “The Book of John.”
Date: March 22, 2017
Lesson: Jesus Prays for Those Who Belong to Him
Scripture References: John 17
1) Jesus Prays for Himself (John
2) Jesus Prays for His Disciples
3) Jesus Prays for All Believers
Principle #1) Eternal life is a new life in relationship with God that you live day by day.
Principle #2) The love Jesus has for His own brings confident, joy-filled living.
Principle #3) Unity and love provide a powerful witness for Jesus Christ.
1) Glorify means “to acknowledge the true worth of someone.”
2) God is worthy to be prioritized.
3) Jesus brought glory to God by finishing the work that God had given Him to do.
4) Everyone has work to do.
5) Eternal life is a quality of existence, and it starts the moment that a person believes.
6) Knowing God means “experiencing His presence.”
7) Prayer connects a person to God and renews a person’s thinking.
8) God’s mission for redemption of man will be accomplished.
9) People who believe in Jesus Christ are “personal gifts” that God have given to Jesus as His own.
10) A person does not have to be perfect, in order to bring glory to God.
11) Obedience equals obstacles.
12) Temptation to sin is a person’s greatest danger.
13) God is always in control and always at work.
14) The more time you spend with a person, you become like that person; so it is with God.
15) Jesus’ prayer for people is to be unified; to become one.
16) Lost people cannot be faulted for being blind.