Notes from this morning’s message
Date: January 29, 2017
Title: Disqualified, But Chosen
Speaker: Bishop Sherman C. Gee Allen
Scripture References: Isaiah 48:9-11, Romans 8:29-30, 2 Corinthians 12:1-10, Ephesians 1:3-6, Hebrews 12:5-11 and 1 Peter 4:1-2
1) If you cannot handle trials, you are not ready for God’s glory.
2) Though you may be disqualified, know that you are still chosen.
3) Sometimes God will call you in the furnace of affliction.
4) You cannot get wrinkles out with a cold iron.
5) The way to know that you are anointed is how you handle your attacks.
6) Whatever it takes for God to keep me humble, that is what l want Him to do.
7) Some people feel as if their past could mess up God’s reputation.
8) From the pulpit to the pews, no one is qualified.
9) You are not an afterthought; God chose you before you were born.
10) You control your environment because you are a spiritual thermostat.
11) Even though you are chosen, you still need people.
12) People who are really called to your life will frustrate you.
13) People who reject you will reject you because of your potential.
14) People expel what they cannot handle.
15) God knows our struggles before He calls us.
16) Justified means “God made it right.”
17) Stop looking at being unqualified.
18) God is about to give you some alternative facts.
19) In the natural, alternative facts are lies; in the spiritual, they are faith.
20) God uses people who are flawed to perfect their faith.
21) Worship will let you qualify for things that you are not qualified for.
22) Whenever a person receives something that they did not work for, they will let their guard down.
23) Some people will not admit their flaws.
24) God will not overlook your problems, but will use them to perfect your potential.
25) A sign that God will give you to let you know that He loves you is when He does not let you get away with things.
26) When God gets ready to bring you to another level or another realm, He causes you to suffer.
27) The danger of spiritual success is pride and the danger of spiritual revelation is self-righteousness.