Notes from this morning’s message
Date: March 19, 2017
Speaker: Bishop Sherman C. Allen
Scripture References: Genesis 12:2-3, 22:1-14, Hebrews 4:11-16 & 11:1-6
1) Acceptance – l am accepted by God.
2) Belief – l am a believer.
3) Confession – my confession will not waiver.
4) Our need to perform is driven by our desire to be accepted.
5) l am going to rest in God this year.
6) Not resting in God will cause you to be an unbeliever.
7) Everyone wants to be accepted.
8) Our greatest fears are always centered around and rooted in issues of failure and rejection.
9) Sometimes, you have to understand that you will not understand.
10) Man’s nature is to cover up.
11) God can still see a person’s nakedness with clothes on.
12) Just as Jesus saved man as an adult, He could have saved man while He was an infant because He had just as much power, even as a child.
13) Mercy is not for the innocent; it is for those who are guilty.
14) God has to teach man how to trust Him while in the process of tracing Him.
15) Sometimes, in order for God to get you where He is trying to take you, He has to cut some pieces of your life out.
16) Every time God is trying to take you to another level, He puts something under you.
17) Whenever God tells you to do something, it will always exceed your ability.
18) People want the promise, and not the process.
19) If God said it, He does not need any help.
20) God will allow your mess to be a testimony of your miracle.
21) The promise, once secured will always be tested in order to see whether you love the promise more than the promise keeper.
22) You will know that you are in the right place when God gets ready to separate you from people.
23) You are not responsible for the provision; just for the sacrifice.
24) Whenever God is silent, it is because you are going in the right direction.