Here are notes from this week’s class in “The Book of John.”
Date: November 16, 2016
Scripture References: John 6:22-40
1) Jesus is pursued for bread (John 6:22-29)
2) Jesus is pursued for a sign (John 6:30-34)
3) Jesus is to be pursued for Himself (John 6:35-40)
Principle #1) Jesus must be seen, understood and received by faith.
Principle #2) Jesus offers a right relationship with God; not health, wealth or happiness.
Principle #3) Jesus is the source of all satisfaction.
1) Jesus always knows the motives of a person’s heart.
2) Jesus knows why people pursue Him; there is always a reason behind the pursuit.
3) A person cannot work for what God wants to give them.
4) You cannot pay Jesus back for the sacrifice He has made for your life.
5) Many people believe that God only exists to make them happy.
6) We were not created to take things from God, and reject God the person.
7) Even though Jesus reveals Himself to people everyday, there are still some people who will not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
8) When we are not in pursuit of Jesus; our life is filled with worries, stresses and anxieties.
9) Whenever we read the Bible, it is actually reading to us because it will tell us all about ourselves.
10) If you plan on living eternally, you must feed and feast on Jesus Christ.
11) Something new comes to life inside of a person once they are born again.
12) Faith believes even when it cannot see what it believes for.
13) Some people get so caught up in signs until they miss the directions and instructions.
14) Amen means “to come into an agreement with.”
15) God has a way of cutting through a person’s heart to reveal their true motive.
16) Jesus reveals in order to heal.
17) People who only focus on things of this world are wasting their life.
18) True faith is alive and active; it works.
19) Jesus does not perform miracles on demand.
20) When God changes a person’s life and comes into their heart, that is a miracle all within itself.
21) In order to receive Jesus, a person must open up their eyes, ears, mind and heart.
22) Faith believes and then sees.
23) Even though many people experience the power of Jesus daily in their lives, there are still those who refuse to believe.
24) Once a person comes to accept Jesus into their life, He seals the relationship.
25) In order to survive spiritually, you cannot just eat natural food.